Annual grants of up to $20,000 will be awarded to one or more eligible applicants.
1. Eligible applicants include visual artists (emerging or established), museums, and organizations involved in the visual arts and fine arts education fields who are located in or directly benefit the greater Washington, DC metropolitan area. The Grant recipient should seek to use the award to make an impact on individuals and society. (Individual artists should refer to
Guidelines for Individual Artists for more information.)
2. Application periods and deadlines: Applications are only accepted during the formal call-for-application period of January 1, 2021 through March 1, 2021.
3. Application process: Apply online only by clicking the “Apply” button below. After the application is received, an email confirmation will be sent.
4. Processing fee: $25 (Fee waived for 2021)
5. Notification: On April 21, 2021, grant recipient(s) will be directly notified and their name(s) and brief project description will be posted on our website.
6. Requirement of grant award recipients: Present the winning proposal at the annual CWC Spring Lecture & Luncheon on May 18, 2021 (subject to change due to the COVID-19 pandemic). Progress report due by November 15, 2021 outlining status of project and budget.